What does being forgiving mean?
To choose not to allow the actions of others in the past to determine our behaviour towards them in the future.
If I am being forgiving I can:
- Let go of the mistakes and hurt caused by others and choose not to hold on to grudges.
- Understand that not being forgiving causes us to feel stress and unhappiness.
- Not let problems build up so that they become unmanageable.
- Acknowledge mistakes and apologise, showing the habits of being humble, honest and forgiving.
- Be willing to apologise and take responsibility for my own actions.
- Work through conflict in a really positive way and help others to do the same.
- Can build bridges to repair broken relationships.
- Show care and understanding towards others when they make mistakes, even when those mistakes impact me personally.
- Practice tapping and “letting go”.
- Write down any problems and how you can overcome them to make them more manageable.
- Is there someone you have fallen out with? How can you build bridges and show forgiveness?
- Think of a time you have needed to apologise? What were you apologising for? What can you learn from it?