What does being humble mean?
Seeing the intrinsic worth in others, all created equal; giving honour and encouragement to all; not lauding it over others.
If I am being Humble I can:
- Learn to really value myself and see myself in a positive way.
- Have a humble confidence which is expressed in a positive way towards others.
- Recognise that I am still learning.
- Be honest about how I am doing and talk about how I would like to improve to become the best version of myself.
- Show a willingness, as well as skill, in listening to others.
- Take a real interest in how others are and take the time to check they are ok.
- Display a willingness to ask for help and be willing to help others.
- Be really inquisitive to find out as much as I can, knowing there is always more to learn.
- Listen well to feedback and look to apply advice given.
- Be positive about the things that others achieve – it is infectious and brings joy to us all.
- Value positive traits in others and see others in a positive way.
- Help others to feel more confident about who they are and what they can do.
- Treat people equally and makes sure everyone feels valued and appreciated.
- Be thoughtful and kind and ensure others are appreciated, celebrating their achievements.
- Write down three things you are thankful or grateful for.
- Appreciate others strengths – tell someone something they are great at!
- Draw a picture of someone and write down all of the reasons why they are amazing.
- Help others – not just because you want praise!
- Let someone else go to the front of the line.
- Spend time listening to others instead of telling them something.
- Think of one thing you want to improve.
- Ask for feedback from someone.
- Make a list of things you are thankful for.