At Oasis Academy Putney, we believe that our children learn best:
- If we give them a wide experience of different subjects and activities
- If we focus on teaching them skills and how to do things
- If they are actively involved, interested and enjoy their learning
Oasis Academy Putney will incorporate the National Curriculum in an exciting and creative way that takes into account the latest research on how our children think and learn. We will encourage our learners to achieve their very best and to ensure they develop their skills and talents in all aspects of intellectual, social, moral, spiritual, cultural and physical development. We will ensure there is a rigorous focus on literacy and numeracy so that all children exceed national expectations.
In time, the academy will be divided into the following stages:
- Early Years Foundation Stage – Reception (4-5 years)
- Key Stage 1 – Year 1 (5-6 years) and Year2 (6-7 years)
- Key Stage 2 – Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 (8-11 years)
The learning environment will be carefully planned to support the learning and teaching in the core curriculum areas so that children can become independent and motivated learners. Children will be able to access a range of extra-curricular opportunities including breakfast and after-school clubs. Parent/carers will be asked about what clubs their children would like to join before the school starts in September and consulted with before a decision on the choice of clubs is made.